Archive for May, 2017
The Florette Fradley 10K is a popular run and attracts around 1,000 entrants each year. Covering flat, country roads, its a great event for beginners and pros alike. The Fradley 10k has previously been nominated in the national Running Awards for the Best 10k Race for personal best times.
- DATE: SUNDAY 11th March 2017
- START TIME: 10.30am
- VENUE: Fradley Village, near Lichfield, Staffordshire
- INSURANCE: Full public liability cover
- MEDALS: To all finishers
- TROPHIES: To first 3 men, first 3 ladies
- Post code for your sat-nav is WS13 8NL
PLEASE NOTE: there will NOT be a 2k fun run at this year’s Florette Fradley 10k
The Lichfield Half Marathon – Sunday the 6th May 2018
Entries closed at Midnight on the 2nd May, but late entries on the day will be available at 9am in the Registration Tent near the race start.
- START TIME: 10.30am.
- STARTS AT: King Edward VI School, Upper St. John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire.
- FINISHES AT: Stowe Fields. Lichfield.
- INSURANCE: Full Public Liability.
- GOODIE BAGS: for all finishers.
- TROPHIES to first 3 men and first 3 women.
- Refreshment stations will situated at several places around the course.
- The race will use chip timings.
Serpentine RC’s Simon Craddock raced to victory in Lichfield Half Marathon (Sunday May 7th) in the closest finish seen at the event since it started in 2011.
The main Field was bunched together until the final mile when Craddock and Jack Greenwood broke away and enters the final hundred metres on Stowe Field in the city centre before Craddock kicked on and sprinted to victory in 1:19:59 with Greenwood a close second in 1:20:08 and Daniel Anderson of BRAT in third in 1:20:46.
First female home was Rachel Burchell in 1:28:11 (26th overall), 2nd was Wendy Mullineux of Heanor RC in 1:28:27 and third Pascale Holden in 1:33:51.
The race took place in warm conditions on a late Spring Sunday and there was a large crowd on Stowe Field under the gaze of the magnificent Lichfield Cathedral to welcome the runners home and make the event another fantastic day for Lichfield.
Results and race photographs