Archive for May, 2017
The Tamworth 10k is on Sunday 8th October 2017 and will start and finish in the beautiful grounds surrounding Tamworth Castle and will wind its way through the grounds and out into the town, then follow a canal section in Fazeley, before returning to the Castle Grounds. The Tamworth 10k was voted 4th best 10k in the UK by Runners World in 2013 as it’s scenic but mainly flat 5k loop course takes in some of the town’s best scenery with its start and finish set in the popular Castle Grounds leisure facility with its gardens, sports amenities, walkways and cafe.
Event starts in 2 months, 12 days, 5 hours, 1 minute, 32 seconds
- Tamworth Castle Pleasure Grounds: The Holloway, Lady Bank, Tamworth B79 7NA, GB from M42 Junction 10 (Tamworth Services) take the A5 North to Tamworth A51 Junction. At Ventura retail Park go straight on at the roundabout towards the town centre and Follow the event signs. From the A38 take the A5 South to Tamworth A51 Junction. At Ventura Retail Park go straight on at the first roundabout and follow event signs.
- Public Transportation: Nearest railway station – Tamworth. Tamworth station is well served by trains from London and the north-west with London Midland. Book online at http://www.londonmidland.com and you’ll pay no booking fees or postage. The station is just a 10 minute walk from the castle.
- Parking: There are a number of car parks in Tamworth town centre. The brown Tamworth castle signs direct drivers to the Jolly Sailor car park. This is a large long stay car park with coach park facilities. It is a short 5-7 minute walk through the castle grounds to the castle. The short stay Holloway car park is a smaller car park but closer to the castle, it is located on Silver Street. Please use these car parks and do not park on the local streets. Some parking is free and some is pay and display so the advice is check the signage before you leave your car!!!
The Florette Fradley 10K is a popular run and attracts around 1,000 entrants each year. Covering flat, country roads, its a great event for beginners and pros alike. The Fradley 10k has previously been nominated in the national Running Awards for the Best 10k Race for personal best times.
- DATE: SUNDAY 11th March 2017
- START TIME: 10.30am
- VENUE: Fradley Village, near Lichfield, Staffordshire
- INSURANCE: Full public liability cover
- MEDALS: To all finishers
- TROPHIES: To first 3 men, first 3 ladies
- Post code for your sat-nav is WS13 8NL
PLEASE NOTE: there will NOT be a 2k fun run at this year’s Florette Fradley 10k
The Lichfield Half Marathon – Sunday the 6th May 2018
Entries closed at Midnight on the 2nd May, but late entries on the day will be available at 9am in the Registration Tent near the race start.
- START TIME: 10.30am.
- STARTS AT: King Edward VI School, Upper St. John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire.
- FINISHES AT: Stowe Fields. Lichfield.
- INSURANCE: Full Public Liability.
- GOODIE BAGS: for all finishers.
- TROPHIES to first 3 men and first 3 women.
- Refreshment stations will situated at several places around the course.
- The race will use chip timings.
Serpentine RC’s Simon Craddock raced to victory in Lichfield Half Marathon (Sunday May 7th) in the closest finish seen at the event since it started in 2011.
The main Field was bunched together until the final mile when Craddock and Jack Greenwood broke away and enters the final hundred metres on Stowe Field in the city centre before Craddock kicked on and sprinted to victory in 1:19:59 with Greenwood a close second in 1:20:08 and Daniel Anderson of BRAT in third in 1:20:46.
First female home was Rachel Burchell in 1:28:11 (26th overall), 2nd was Wendy Mullineux of Heanor RC in 1:28:27 and third Pascale Holden in 1:33:51.
The race took place in warm conditions on a late Spring Sunday and there was a large crowd on Stowe Field under the gaze of the magnificent Lichfield Cathedral to welcome the runners home and make the event another fantastic day for Lichfield.
Results and race photographs