The Burntwood Wakes Push-Kart Derby – 16th July 2016, Supported by Burntwood Town Council, 12 noon to 4pm.
Event starts in 2 months, 11 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes, 7 seconds
Venue: Burntwood High Street Sankey’s Corner / Burntwood Shopping Centre.
Course: Two adjacent flat 100m straight runs for non-powered karts which can be pushed or pulled.
Entry Fee: £5 per team and all proceeds go to local charities.
- Junior teams, schools and child based teams/youth groups scouts etc.
- Individual family and friend based teams “shedheads”
- Corporate teams, any companies who want to enter or rather teams representing a company.
Various to include:
- Best dressed push kart
- Best technical design soap box
- Fastest push kart
- Best team
- Teams can consist of any number of people BUT in the race element there has to be the nominated driver and 3 push/pullers maximum.
- The push kart must have steering.
- The push kart must have brakes.
- The push kart must be no bigger than but may be smaller than 2m long by 1.5m wide and 1.2m tall.
- Any cover/body must be firmly attached to the push kart and considered to be safe on inspection.
- The push kart should be made strong enough to withstand several runs of the designated course.
- The push kart must have 4 wheels.
- Drivers must remain seated at all times during the event and seats must be securely attached to the push kart.
- The minimum driver age is 14 years old.
- All push karts will be subjected to scrutiny for suitability and safety to take part, before being given a competition entry number. The competition will be based on a time trial event, you will race down the course a set number of times and the team with the lowest combined time will win.
- All drivers must wear helmets and be fully covered (long sleeves and full length trousers) to be allowed to run the course.
Event starts in 2 months, 5 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes, 7 seconds
The TCR FM Tamworth 10k was voted 4th best 10k in the UK by Runners World in 2013 as it’s scenic but mainly flat 5k loop course takes in some of the town’s best scenery with its start and finish set in the popular Castle Grounds leisure facility with its gardens, sports amenities, walkways and cafe.
The TCR FM Tamworth 10k October 9th 2016 will start and finish in the beautiful grounds surrounding Tamworth Castle and will wind its way through the grounds and out into the town, then follow a canal section in Fazeley, before returning to the Castle Grounds.
TCR 106.8 FM launched in 2009 and is a not-for-profit community radio station based in Tamworth, Staffordshire, staffed entirely by volunteers. The station has strong links with the local community and provides a wide range of programming with a good mix of chat and music, predominantly from 80’s classics to new chart hits, as well as news and sports updates.
This is a Timing Chipped event.
£21 standard Entry, £19 Club Member.
Event starts in 5 months, 2 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes, 7 seconds
Race numbers and info are posted to applicants within the 10 days before race start.
ON THE DAY ENTRIES: There will only be 50 entries on the day and these will be available on a first come first served basis from 9 am at the registration desk near the Start/Finish area in Castle Grounds.
Parking for the event is available in and around Castle Grounds and some parking is free and some is pay and display so the advice is check the signage before you leave your car!!!
This Duathlon is a 5k run, 22k bike then 5k run event with multi terrain for run and bike on road. The event starts at 9am on the Sunday 27th November 2016 and will start and finish in the beautiful grounds surrounding Tamworth Castle. Prizes for 1st 3 men and 1st 3 women with medals to all finishers. There’s the Pavilion Cafe for refreshments.
Event starts in 6 months, 22 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes, 7 seconds