Places are filling up fast for this Running Workshop. KP Events ambassador and UK GB Vets 1500m international Phil Clamp of Tipton Harriers is holding a running workshop for beginners and elite athletes on Saturday May 30th at Landau Forte 6th Form Academy school in Tamworth B79 8AA. It will be from 9.15am – 12.15pm, and the price is £5 per person. Minimum age 15. Contact email@example.com to apply.
The workshop format is
- 9.15 am Meet and greet
- Why run?
- Training principles for running
- Nutrition overview
- Injury prevention
- Finish around 12.15pm
THE BIG G CHALLENGE
CELEBRATING THE LIFE AND TIMES OF GERALDINE AGNEW
13th JUNE 2015 START 10.30AM, HORSE & JOCKEY FREEFORD, WS14 9JE, in aid of Headway.
Event starts in 13 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 37 seconds
Entry Fees: £20 per participant / Under 14s £5 / Dogs £5
Fancy a challenge with a difference? Rally your family and friends and enter as a team or as an individual effort!
The Big G Challenge is a circular route around Lichfield of marathonesque proportions which can be completed as an individual or as a team effort, covering the distance as a relay – you can walk, run, yomp, cycle and even canoe at our second annual Big G Challenge. This is a fun event with different challenges along the way – including 4 designated pubs with challenges at each – also makes easy changeover if completing as a team effort. Many prizes on offer including Best Fancy Dress, Best Selfie, Best Team Name.
There will be a post challenge party and hog roast at the Horse and Jockey at 7pm – this is no ordinary event – expect the unexpected!
The Burntwood Wakes Push-Kart Derby – 8th Aug 2015, Supported by Burntwood Town Council, 11 a.m. – 5pm.
Event starts in 2 months, 8 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes, 37 seconds
Venue: Burntwood High Street Sankey’s Corner / Burntwood Shopping Centre.
Course: Two adjacent flat 100m straight runs for non-powered karts which can be pushed or pulled.
Technical Consultants / Judges: Chris and Craig Danby of team Danby Burntwood based Robot Combat Team, stars of TV’s own Robot Wars.
Entry Fee: £5 per team and all proceeds go to local charities.
- Junior teams, schools and child based teams/youth groups scouts etc.
- Individual family and friend based teams “shedheads”
- Corporate teams, any companies who want to enter or rather teams representing a company.
Various to include:
- Best dressed push kart
- Best technical design soap box
- Fastest push kart
- Best team
- The push kart must have steering.
- The push kart must have brakes.
- The push kart must be no bigger than but may be smaller than 2m long by 1.5m wide and 1.2m tall.
- Any cover/body must be firmly attached to the push kart and considered to be safe on inspection.
- The push kart should be made strong enough to withstand several runs of the designated course.
- The push kart must have 4 wheels.
- Drivers must remain seated at all times during the event and seats must be securely attached to the push kart.
- The minimum driver age is 14 years old.
- All push-karts will be subjected to scrutiny for suitability and safety to take part, before being given a competition entry number. The competition will be based on a time trial event, you will race down the course a set number of times and the team with the lowest combined time will win.
- All drivers must wear helmets and be fully covered (long sleeves and full length trousers) to be allowed to run the course.
The Tamworth 10k Oct 2015 will start and finish in the beautiful grounds surrounding Tamworth Castle and will wind its way through the grounds and out into the town, then follow a canal section in Fazeley, before returning to the Castle Grounds. More info coming soon.
This is a Timing Chipped event.
Event starts in 4 months, 11 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 37 seconds
£20 standard Entry, £18 Club Member.
In November we’ll be holding our 6th 10k off-road race at Kingsbury Water Park – a beautiful venue belonging to Warwickshire County Council situated in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside between Tamworth and Sutton Coldfield.
The Kingsbury Water Park 10k – Sunday the 29th November 2015 10.30 a.m. £18 standard Entry, £16 Club Runner.
Event starts in 5 months, 29 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 37 seconds
The 10k is an approximate distance due to the nature of the course and is a two lap race following a route that is mainly off road through magnificent scenery. Two laps of footpaths, grass tracks and a short tarmac section twisting around the lakes and pools of the water park, with a section alongside the river. Race start time is 10.30am.
The Xtreme Challenge – Sunday 7th Feb 2016 10.30am – Catton Hall, Staffordshire
Voted in top 4 adventure races by Runners World in 2012.
Event starts in 8 months, 7 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 37 seconds
The traffic-free 10k Xtreme Challenge is a different level of cross country running with natural obstacles, man made obstacles, water features, electric fences, smoke bombs, cargo netting and all with beautiful views of the local countryside.
Catton Hall is a private country house with acres of parkland along the River Trent, a perfect location for large outdoor events, music festivals, caravan rallies, equestrian events, mountain bike rallies as well as corporate hospitality, team building days, and product launches.
ENTRY FEES: £24 affiliated, £26 non-affiliated.
Video – The Xtreme Feb 2012
Video – The Xtreme Feb 2013
The Florette Fradley 10K is a popular run and attracts around 1,000 entrants each year. Covering flat, country roads, its a great event for beginners and pros alike. The Fradley 10k has previously been nominated in the national Running Awards for the Best 10k Race in the UK.
Event starts in 9 months, 13 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 37 seconds
- DATE: SUNDAY 13th March 2016
- START TIME: 10.30am
- VENUE: Fradley Village, near Lichfield, Staffordshire
- 10k ENTRY FEE: £18 Club Runner / £20 Non-Club Runner
- There’s also a 2k Junior event at 10.00 a.m.
- Entry on the day is £1 extra
- INSURANCE: Full public liability cover
- MEDALS: To all finishers
- TROPHIES: To first 3 men, first 3 ladies
The Lichfield Half-Marathon – Sunday the 1st May 2015
Event starts in 11 months, 1 day, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 37 seconds
- START TIME: 10.30am Sunday the 1st May 2016.
- STARTS AT: King Edward VI School, Upper St. John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire.
- FINISHES AT: Stowe Fields. Lichfield.
- ENTRY FEE: £24 Affiliated/Club Runner/ £26 Non Affiliated Club Runner.
- INSURANCE: Full Public Liability.
- GOODIE BAGS: for all finishers.
- TROPHIES to first 3 men and first 3 women.
- Refreshment stations will situated at several places around the course.
- The race will use chip timings.
The first three runners of the Ladies and Gents races will be presented with trophies. Every finisher will be presented with a medal showing their participation in the Lichfield Half Marathon along with a goody bag. The winner will also be awarded THE GERALDINE AGNEW MEMORIAL TROPHY in honour of the marathon runner and Lichfield resident who died suddenly in December 2013 whilst on holiday in Thailand.
The highly popular Lichfield Half-marathon attracts in excess of 1,500 competitors. It is located in the historic market city of Lichfield, famous for its three spired cathedral and Dr Johnson’s birthplace (author of the first English dictionary). Lichfield retains an unspoilt quality with many listed buildings leaving a Georgian legacy. The city is located 16 miles north of Birmingham and easily accessible via the M6 Toll and A38.
The start area for the Lichfield Half Marathon is King Edwards VI School in Lichfield Staffordshire, this is located on Upper St. John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire. Post Code for sat nav is WS14 9EE.
There will be plenty of parking at the venue, and signposts will be up. Please use these car parks and do not park on the local streets. Please arrive in good time and “ready to run” as changing is limited and we cannot provide shower facilities for the numbers involved.
Prizes will be awarded as soon as possible after the races. Trophies to first 3 men and first 3 women runners. Please note we will be using timing chips, so we can give accurate results. This chip is attached to the back of a runners race number.
Please note: the half marathon will start with a rolling road block for the first 2 miles, at the back will be a sweeper vehicle, if runners fall behind this vehicle they’ll be expected to run on pavements where possible.
There is a train track crossing on the Half Marathon route and we are working with Network Rail to best manage this crossing on the day. In the unlikely event that trains need to be diverted through this crossing we have a team of timekeepers in place to manage that situation similar to how it is managed at the Leicester Marathon every year.
The finish line for the Half Marathon is situated on Stowe Fields off Stowe Rd near the city centre, Lichfield WS13 6AQ Staffordshire, West Midlands. This is only just over a mile walk from the start, and where cars are parked. There is a free return coach service from Stowe Field back to King Edwards School.