Places are filling up fast for this Running Workshop. KP Events ambassador and UK GB Vets 1500m international Phil Clamp of Tipton Harriers is holding a running workshop for beginners and elite athletes on Saturday May 30th at Landau Forte 6th Form Academy school in Tamworth B79 8AA. It will be from 9.15am – 12.15pm, and the price is £5 per person. Minimum age 15. Contact email@example.com to apply.
The workshop format is
- 9.15 am Meet and greet
- Why run?
- Training principles for running
- Nutrition overview
- Injury prevention
- Finish around 12.15pm
THE BIG G CHALLENGE
CELEBRATING THE LIFE AND TIMES OF GERALDINE AGNEW
13th JUNE 2015 START 10.30AM, HORSE & JOCKEY FREEFORD, WS14 9JE, in aid of Headway.
Event starts in 18 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 20 seconds
Entry Fees: £20 per participant / Under 14s £5 / Dogs £5
Fancy a challenge with a difference? Rally your family and friends and enter as a team or as an individual effort!
The Big G Challenge is a circular route around Lichfield of marathonesque proportions which can be completed as an individual or as a team effort, covering the distance as a relay – you can walk, run, yomp, cycle and even canoe at our second annual Big G Challenge. This is a fun event with different challenges along the way – including 4 designated pubs with challenges at each – also makes easy changeover if completing as a team effort. Many prizes on offer including Best Fancy Dress, Best Selfie, Best Team Name.
There will be a post challenge party and hog roast at the Horse and Jockey at 7pm – this is no ordinary event – expect the unexpected!
The Burntwood Wakes Push-Kart Derby – 8th Aug 2015, Supported by Burntwood Town Council, 11 a.m. – 5pm.
Event starts in 2 months, 13 days, 6 hours, 38 minutes, 20 seconds
Venue: Burntwood High Street Sankey’s Corner / Burntwood Shopping Centre.
Course: Two adjacent flat 100m straight runs for non-powered karts which can be pushed or pulled.
Technical Consultants / Judges: Chris and Craig Danby of team Danby Burntwood based Robot Combat Team, stars of TV’s own Robot Wars.
Entry Fee: £5 per team and all proceeds go to local charities.
- Junior teams, schools and child based teams/youth groups scouts etc.
- Individual family and friend based teams “shedheads”
- Corporate teams, any companies who want to enter or rather teams representing a company.
Various to include:
- Best dressed push kart
- Best technical design soap box
- Fastest push kart
- Best team
- The push kart must have steering.
- The push kart must have brakes.
- The push kart must be no bigger than but may be smaller than 2m long by 1.5m wide and 1.2m tall.
- Any cover/body must be firmly attached to the push kart and considered to be safe on inspection.
- The push kart should be made strong enough to withstand several runs of the designated course.
- The push kart must have 4 wheels.
- Drivers must remain seated at all times during the event and seats must be securely attached to the push kart.
- The minimum driver age is 14 years old.
- All push-karts will be subjected to scrutiny for suitability and safety to take part, before being given a competition entry number. The competition will be based on a time trial event, you will race down the course a set number of times and the team with the lowest combined time will win.
- All drivers must wear helmets and be fully covered (long sleeves and full length trousers) to be allowed to run the course.
The Tamworth 10k Oct 2015 will start and finish in the beautiful grounds surrounding Tamworth Castle and will wind its way through the grounds and out into the town, then follow a canal section in Fazeley, before returning to the Castle Grounds. More info coming soon.
This is a Timing Chipped event.
Event starts in 4 months, 16 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 20 seconds
£20 standard Entry, £18 Club Member.
In November we’ll be holding our 6th 10k off-road race at Kingsbury Water Park – a beautiful venue belonging to Warwickshire County Council situated in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside between Tamworth and Sutton Coldfield.
The Kingsbury Water Park 10k – Sunday the 29th November 2015 10.30 a.m. £18 standard Entry, £16 Club Runner.
Event starts in 6 months, 3 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 20 seconds
The 10k is an approximate distance due to the nature of the course and is a two lap race following a route that is mainly off road through magnificent scenery. Two laps of footpaths, grass tracks and a short tarmac section twisting around the lakes and pools of the water park, with a section alongside the river. Race start time is 10.30am.
The Florette Fradley 10K is a popular run and attracts around 1,000 entrants each year. Covering flat, country roads, its a great event for beginners and pros alike. The Fradley 10k has previously been nominated in the national Running Awards for the Best 10k Race in the UK.
Event starts in 9 months, 18 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 20 seconds
- DATE: SUNDAY 13th March 2016
- START TIME: 10.30am
- VENUE: Fradley Village, near Lichfield, Staffordshire
- 10k ENTRY FEE: £17 Club Runner / £19 Non-Club Runner
- There’s also a 2k Junior event at 10.00 a.m.
- Entry on the day is £1 extra
- INSURANCE: Full public liability cover
- MEDALS: To all finishers
- TROPHIES: To first 3 men, first 3 ladies